We live for mixing and mix coaching.
Here's how we work:
We’ll send you a link to upload the tracks you want mixed to our server, or you can send us your 24-track master tape.
We’ll talk with you by phone or email about what you’re looking for in the mix, and where we think it should go.
We'll set up the mix and then schedule a Zoom session to work on it together, coaching as we go. Or you can skip the coaching and we'll send progress mixes.
Final mixes will be provided by the agreed-upon time, and revised if necessary. Working with you online often gets the best outcomes.
We've been working with magnetic tape and tape recorders for 50 years. Nobody knows more.
Tape transfers are a specialty here. You can trust us to restore and transfer your master tapes lovingly and professionally. And we're so concerned about the tape used in the 70s, 80s and 90s finally going irrevocably bad that in many cases we'll transfer your tapes for free.
Here's what we'll do:
1. Check your tape to see if it needs to be baked. If it does, we have all the right equipment and protocols to restore it for that once-in-a-lifetime transfer.
2. Align one of our meticulously-maintained Studers to the tones on your tape (or to MRL reference if you have no tones).
3. Transfer your masters into Pro Tools at the bit rate and depth you specify, through our Avid/DAD converters.
4. If your music is Dolby encoded, decode it from Dolby A or SR, so you can have both encoded and decoded files. There is sometimes an extra charge for Dolby decoding.
5. Provide you with a link to download your files and, if you wish (extra charge), provide an optical disk or flash drive.
Today at TRC, we have the flexibility to use Pro Tools and/or the Studer. But, we also have extensive experience mixing music in a fully analog world during decades with our production company TRCPG. And we’ve brought those analog chops forward with the great room acoustics, dozens of cool mics, and racks of analog outboard gear. The history of TRCPG is documented on a page that includes some streaming samples.
And a catalog of streaming samples is here.
Producing great music today requires seamlessly fusing the analog and digital realms. Analog equipment makes music sound like music, while the incredible flexibility of Pro Tools on the S6 enhances creativity and helps get a better product. Analog preamps (many with tubes), the Studer 24-track and Pro Tools on the S6 make it possible to get both great sound and exceptional mixing flexibility.