Did we mention we live to remote mix?
Here's how we work:
If we decide to move forward, we’ll send you a link to upload the tracks you want mixed to our server, or you can send us your 24-track master tape
We’ll talk with you by phone or email about what you’re looking for in the mix, effects you want, etc.
Usually we'll send progress mixes, and talk about them by phone or email
Final mixes will be provided by the agreed-upon time
We also offer the following services.
We've been working with magnetic tape and tape recorders for 50 years. Nobody knows more.
You can trust us to restore and transfer your master tapes lovingly and professionally.
Here's what we'll do:
1. Well check your tape to see if it needs to be baked. If it does, we have all the right equipment and protocols to restore it for that once-in-a-lifetime transfer.
2. We'll align one of our meticulously-maintained Studers to to the tones on your tape (or to MRL reference if you have no tones).
3. We'll transfer your masters into Pro Tools at the bit-rate and depth you specify, through our DAD converters.
4. If your music is Dolby encoded, we will decode it from Dolby A or SR, so you can have both encoded and decoded files. There is an extra charge for Dolby decoding.
5. We'll provide you with a link to download your files and, if you wish, provide an optical disk or flash drive.
24-track - $50 per song
2-track - $25 per song
Today at TRC, we have the flexibility to use Pro Tools and/or the Studer. But, we also have extensive experience mixing music in a fully analog world during decades with our production company TRCPG. And we’ve brought those analog chops forward with the great room acoustics, dozens of cool mics, and racks of analog outboard gear. The history of TRCPG is documented on a page that includes some streaming samples.
And a catalog of streaming samples is here.
Producing great music today requires seamlessly fusing the analog and digital realms. Analog equipment makes music sound like music, while the incredible flexibility of Pro Tools on the S6 enhances creativity and helps get a better product. Analog preamps (many with tubes), the Studer 24-track and Pro Tools on the S6 make it possible to get both great sound and exceptional mixing flexibility.